Sunday, September 7, 2008

pysanky

bee egg

i've created a flickr set showing and describing my Ukrainian eggs (pysanky). i haven't worked on this project for a while and have been really wanting to start back up again, so this is part of my motivation to do so.

rather than repeat everything here, if you're interested in reading more, i invite you to click through to the flickr set. as always, i'm more than happy to answer any questions, so just leave a comment (either place).

pysanky

oh, pengie!

Update 09.16.2008: I just found out I've been accepted to Maker Faire! I'll have an interactive display of these eggs -- if you'll be around, stop by and try your hand at making one, or just to say hi!

5 comments:

Diane Gilleland said...

These are utterly beautiful! I just learned pysanky this year, so I'm totally impressed by the precision and detail of your eggs. Hope you'll post more as you make them!

meg said...

I am married to a linux man, so I recognize that penguin. The eggs are little works of art--well done!

Kristy said...

meg, me too -- he's the guy who drew the penguin logo, so i made the egg for him. as you can see, it broke (oops) but i couldn't bear to just toss it since it was largely intact. one of the perils of this craft. :) sisterdg, i will certainly post more eggs as i get to it... hope to work on some in the coming months (if the baby cooperates and figures out this teething thing :).

marlenecapote said...

They are beautiful! I've always wanted to learn. I remember the first time I ever heard about this. It was on an old episode of Reading Rainbow! I will definitely stop by your booth at make faire.

Kristy said...

oh, i used to love reading rainbow! don't remember that episode, but i hope i can make the topic as interesting as levar burton must have...